The Assistant Planner delivers the division merchandise strategy through timely creation of Items and Purchase Orders; is responsible for replenishment, allocation and transfers of product; is responsible for the flow of goods through the Supply Chain, providing reports on Sales and Inventory; maximizing the productivity of inventory and maximizing sales and gross margin.
• Assisting in decision-making and problem solving on supplier / brand / partner issues
• Create the masterfile ensuring accurate and correct data enrichment
• Managing all aspects relating to the shipments, logistical processing and allocation function.
• Promoting a “win-win” approach with all key brand partners.
• Negotiating discounts on late shipments.
• Processing Return to Vendor requests in a timely manner.
• Validating of Order Confirmations against Invoices and orders.
• Ensuring Shipment Trackers are maintained, delivery dates managed and deviances are escalated to planners and buyers.
• Creating new items, purchase orders and maintain cost and retail price changes.
• Creating allocations on new shipments.
• Controlling inventories at the store level to maximize sales, inventory and profitability.
• Reviewing Supplier and Warehouse Replenishment orders based on model stock and trends to achieve optimal sales, profit and inventory performance.
• Tracking and managing special orders and customer requests.
• Collecting and providing information to the planner and buyer to analyse the product performance per store.
• Internal Stakeholder Relations
• Ensuring team results, relationships and processes are aligned with the Company‘s mission and values.
• Ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of merchandising work processes.
• Compiling communication and coordinating with the stores regarding new launches, product discontinuation, price changes and brand/item focus.
• Inventory Management
• Ensuring Supplier setup is complete including Estimated Landed Costs.
• Providing Finance department with details for drafting Letters of Credit and submit for supplier approval.
• Ensuring that product moves efficiently through the supply chain.
• Coordinating with suppliers & Al Tayer Logistics on incoming shipments to ensure the goods are delivered and received within the specified timelines.
• Updating delivery schedule and communicate to the buyers and planners on a weekly basis.
• Highlighting potential shipment delays immediately.
• Sound understanding of key performance indicators and elements that drive retail profitability and inventory productivity
• High levels of computer literacy
• Good communication and inter-personal skills
• High level of Numerical ability
• Analytical thinking
• 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in a progressively responsible business, merchandising and/or planning and allocation experience
• Graduate of any Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Management.